Monday, January 07, 2008

ATV Trails in Ohio MAUMEE STATE FOREST


Maumee State Forest is in the North West corner of Ohio. It is about 15 miles southwest of Toledo. It is about 3100 acres and is flat land.
There is about 5 miles of ATV trail to ride on, ranging from sand to mud. You can hike and ride horses here as well. Snowmobiling is allowed as well. Camping is not permitted. Riding is permitted from 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1/2 hour after sunset. This area is open to riding year round!
When I was there, you could ride in some sandy areas around pine trees. The trails where filled with lots of small jumps, which was not all that much fun on a big 4X4 ATV. Over all, it was a long drive to ride a small trail system.
I'm sure if you have a sport bike or dirt bike it would be a lot more fun. I would probably enjoy it more now on my Scrambler as well.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures.
I would like to hear from people who have ridden here. Just click here and then click on Email.

Here is the link to Maumee State Forest.

There is a printable trail map for it here in .pdf form.


Next time-Richland Furnace State Forest.

4 comments:

Dane said...

Never been out there hopefully one of these times i will be able to stop out

www.lakecountyoffroad.org lake county ohio

Anonymous said...

I live in Bowling Green, about 25 miles from the park. Although there is only five miles to ride on, there is something different each time. My 2006 Polaris Hawkeye does great there, and my 2008 Honda CRF 230 is even funner. I would recomend riding there after a heavy rain. More mud = more fun. I would not reccomend larger ATV's just because of the fact that some of the trails are small.

Polaris Rider said...

Austin,
Thanks for your comment. When I rode there, I had a Trail Boss 350L 4x4. It was ok, but I would probably enjoy it more on my Scrambler.
Have you ever been to Perry? If you like mud, it gets pretty crazy there. From BG it would be a good drive, about 180 miles. It's a little over 100 for me.

Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starleys/sets/72157629509240514/